Author Topic: Tekkit Server Usage  (Read 816 times)

Rhadley

• Admin
    • Rawcritics.com
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »
5 unique people on since the first of June.

It seems the demand is down for Tekkit now?  Should we move on, use it for something else, or is there Tekkit functionality we are missing that a ton of people want?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:52:55 pm by Rhadley »

skater405

• Overseer
  • okay guys my credit card info is... *click to see*
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:59:49 pm »
I might not get on this summer. Computer is dead. I wish I could get on Tekkit. I haven't realized Tekkit died :(

Luminites

• Architect
  • For the gatherers in all of us...
  • Prince of Lightning
    • Nyan Cat
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »
Well, I believe we voted for a slightly nerfed EE back. Also, Tekkit 3.0.3 is coming out soon. But if it is taking up valuable space and there isn't enough traffic...

I know my friends and I enjoy Tekkit a lot, and we are really glad we have a safe, trustworthy server to play in.

Pkabooicu

• Retired Staff
  • What's raiding?
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »
I don't see much of an interest anymore, although I think it had a good run. But I think that it has run its course, for now, at least.

goobachu

• LevelUp Ambassador
  • They're with the guild.
  • Whos this?
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »
Didn't really get to play but that's ok. We should put a poll up for if we should or not

Daferret

• Foreman
  • Proud Architect of Wayward Inc.
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »
We should have the fundemenatals of EE enabled like the transmutation table and philosophers stone while keeping the Klein star and other ridiculously op items out. That would Probally draw back some of the previous traffic.

Frekythunders

• Community Veteran
  • It's been a long time... How have you been?
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »
Yeah I agree with deferret, but pka is kinda right too, it's ran it's corse.

Luminites

• Architect
  • Prince of Lightning
    • Nyan Cat
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

14nickel

• Game Moderator
  • Donater Badge
  • Decorum deficient
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »
It needs opened up to everyone (with a couple protection plugins) and publicized, or just take it down i think.

Another option, put it in circulation for a couple weeks each time there's a major update to it.

It could also serve as a nice alternative when minecraft updates and the plugins don't allow RC to update. That window of downtime needs something like tekkit to fill the void.

Luminites

• Architect
  • Prince of Lightning
    • Nyan Cat
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »
I think you guys said something about space that rotates around maps. Mabey Tekkit could be apart of it?

I like nickel's idea, too.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:42:03 pm by Luminites »

14nickel

• Game Moderator
  • Donater Badge
  • Decorum deficient
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »
I think you guys said something about space that rotates around maps. Mabey Tekkit could be apart of it?
map-o-the-month would be GREAT for tekkit.

Napier

• Admin
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 04:59:12 pm »
Keep in mind that Tekkit is not compatible with our current normal MC setup.  It's run on its own instance.

DominusCruor

• Game Moderator
  • Donater Badge
  • Now and always...
  • Ahoy there ye scurvy landlubbers!
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »
Aye as long as some of the overpowered items from Equivalent Exchange are disabled, I do believe you can deny individual crafting recipes in the config files. Then it would be safe to open the server up to not being whitelisted.

Also if we could tie in the chat to the main server universe chat that'd be a good thing for the server. Main reason I think the tekkit server is suffering right now is because of it's isolation and well New PvP playing a part as well.

I enjoy Tekkit, I have to admit I have not visited the server in some time tho. So perhaps it has run it's course for now. But that's the thing about Tekkit, every update they make add something new or removes something from tekkit that changes the dynamic, which forces you to try it on again.

Tbh once Mojang and now the bukkit team absorbed by them continue their work on the Mod API, more blocks allowed etc. I believe the aim is 4096 blocks as opposed to the max 256 now. And the ongoing process of 1.3 and it's merging of single player and multiplayer, will enable Tekkit to be far more interesting with the likes of ThaumCraft 2 (excellent mod), Mo's Creatures etc. etc. being enabled for SMP play.

So I'm torn atm. If we can find another use for the server, that outshines Tekkit. I'd be all for it until Tekkit evolves a little more.

Stone_wall

• Overseer
  • For those that faked out the great all seeing eye of McSpazzy
  • Now THAT'S what I call a stone wall.
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 05:30:04 pm »
I know a couple of people that would like to play RC tekkit, but they are unable because of the whitelist, and hardly any people vouch for others on the tekkit whitelist thread. So I agree with Nickel, when he said there should be no whitelist. But maybe some of the plugins the build worlds have, to stop most grieving? I am one of those unique users Rhadley mentioned, and I still want tekkit. :P

Rhadley

• Admin
    • Rawcritics.com
    • Badges
Tekkit Server Usage
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »
let's talk about opening up the white list. since nobody is recommending people for regular status, this would be the obvious route if we wanted to keep tekkit.  however this brings us to the permissions issues. a majority of our staff play on the regular servers, so how do you guys propose grief control ?